Let Food Be Thy Medicine and Medicine Be Thy Food ~ Hippocrates ~
Our goals are threefold for you and your family:
1. To provide to you and your family, the healthiest, most nutritious, in season, almost local food you can get anywhere. Period!
2. Work together to practice zero food waste by utilizing and redistributing all excess food and food waste.
3. Offer self empowering services and farm products to assist you towards Self Sufficient homestead living and healthier family and environment.
Our Benefits we derive are threefold as well:
1. Provide income to support our local farms and family.
2. Target zero food waste to support community food banks and soup kitchens and provide compost for next years garden fertilizer.
3. Provide healthy long term soil and land practices so that future generations can have quality land to work and Nature can thrive in abundance.
How it will work:
One or two homes in a central location of Marin will be the central drop off for food by noon each Saturday. Members will pick up CUF food baskets each Saturday between 12 -5 p.m. or call to make other arrangements.
You will have two food baskets which will be rotated each week. One will have your new farm food and the other will be brought back from your home. In addition two 5 gallon will be exchanged each week containing excess food and/or compost from your organic waste.
Each week you will pick up one food basket and bucket and return the others from the previous week. We will deliver any excess food to the food banks and soup kitchens and also compost the food waste and use in our gardens again next year as high quality, bringing it home, fertilizer.
Each member will be required to volunteer one Saturday to help distribute bulk food from farms into member share food baskets. We also highly encourage that members and their family come visit the farms to truly learn the source of their food and how their food is grown.
What Adjustments you will need to make as the food starts coming
(see ‘CSA Questions with Answers’)
Cost of Shares
We are limiting membership shares to 15 family and 5 individuals. A membership share will run from Mid-May through the end of October 2012. Please see Food basket delivery schedule to see when and what you will be getting.
(We will also offer limited shares in eggs, meat and milk, see “other Products)
Family Share: The cost of a family share will be $ 748. for 22 weeks of once per week delivery food basket. This works out to $35/week.
Single Shares: The cost of a single share will be $ 376. for 22 weeks or $ 17.50/week.
* Single shares will feed two. Family share will easily feed family of four.
** If there is food you do not eat/want, we can redistribute/donate, but share price remains the same.
*** There will be a $ 25 refundable fee for food baskets and refunded at end of year if baskets are in good reusable shape.
Payment: A 25% deposit is required to hold a share and the balance by July 1, 2012. However other arrangements can be made.
Delivery beginning Saturday, May 19, 2012 to October 22, 2012.
Missed Pickups: If there is a week when you will be unable to pick up your produce at the scheduled time, please contact me to make other arrangements. Any produce that is not picked up by Sunday a.m without notice given will be passed on to someone in need. Please respect the folks who are offering their places for delivery and pick up your produce as soon as possible. If someone else is going to pick up your vegetables, please let me know who they are and their contact information and be sure they thoroughly understand the procedures and timing. Thanx.